Sunday, June 23, 2019

Slightly Addicted To Wizards Unite

I'm not a gamer. Not a smartphone, console, or PC videogamer. For many years, the first thing I did with a new computer that came with preloaded programs was to delete the games.

But, after four days of playing Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (WU), I'm slightly addicted.

Fortunately I don't have unlimited data on my phone, so that is a built-in limiter.

Can't do too much with a game designed to have you play by walking around outside to many different locations if you're dependent of wifi internet connections. However, my son has unlimited cellular data on one of his phones. He's amused by me playing a smartphone videogame, so he's humoring me by tethering my phone to his for a wifi connection. And he's going to different WU Inns, Greenhouses, and Fortresses to help me learn the game and to fight some of the more difficult creatures, especially in the Challenges.

We went to four different locations today to play the game whilst tethering my phone to his. Managed to complete lots of tasks and go from Level 8 to Level 11.

But I can stop playing at any time... :)

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment