Thursday, June 20, 2019

Wizards Unite Launch In US! 21 Jun 2019

Today, 20 Jun 2019, is the official US and UK launch of Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (WU)!

This blog is mainly for people who are casual players of videogames on their phone. A second type of person for whom this website might be worth reading is someone who doesn't play phone videogames but might consider starting because Wizards Unite sounds interesting, worthwhile, and different from other phone videogames.

The underlying goal of this blog is to use Wizards Unite to connect people locally, regionally, and around our world.

Earlier today I installed the app on my Android and created my account as ShannonW. I didn't really start playing the game yet -- planning to have my son give me a few pointers tonight or tomorrow to help me get started more quickly than I would strictly on my own.

Tip for casual WU players (most of the time on this blog I'll use WU to refer to the game, rather than spelling out Wizards Unite):
Start playing the game with one or a couple other people, instead of on your own, so you can help each other learn how to play the game.
If you're interested in WU, below is a link to the official trailer video from Niantic Labs and its partners for this game, as well as links to the Android and iOS apps for the game. In tomorrow's post, I'll provide a bunch of website and video links to basic and background info about WU.
Official Niantic trailer
Wizards Unite Android app in Google Play Store
Wizards Unite iOS app in Apple App Store
This blog's future depends on WU's applicability to meaningful connections in the Muggle world (as well as my available time to maintain the blog and make it feel worthwhile). If the game seems to be highly valuable for starting, strengthening, or maintaining significant mutually beneficial relationships, this website could continue growing and improving for years. If my availability to work on the site magically disappears in the near future, the blog may wither and die in days.

If you're interested in discussing the concept of casual playing of Wizards Unite (and other AR games) helping build meaningful real-world relationships, please contact me at shannonwizards@gmail.com.

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment